Storm Safety Tips
Storm seasons can be difficult to prepare for. Here are some different storm tips to keep you, your family, and your home safe.
- Shut off All Utilities: If fire or flooding occurs and it’s needed to evacuate the home. Turn off all utilities such as water, electricity, and gas.
- Pets: When a storm occurs or before; have your pets move into a sheltered area or home.
- Fire Safety: Make sure you have tested and replaced batteries in all smoke alarms.
- Your Basic Emergency kit should include essential items like the following: First aid-supplies, water, flashlights, non-perishable foods, and battery-operated radio.
- Emergency Contact/Plan: Have a plan with your family in case there is a separation during any storm that will not allow you to get back home. Have a plan on where to meet in case of an emergency and who to call. If in case of a fire, have an fire escape plan that has been practiced with your family/household.